The Sentida is a low nursing care bed that encompasses every desired feature in a care bed.
With the Sentida, no compromise is made. Each feature on this all-rounder has a purpose which serves the needs of those we care about most.
- The Look – The first thing you will notice about the Sentida is its warm and comforting look. With customisable head and footboards and various neutral timber colourways, the Sentida has a calming effect on residents with dementia.
- Falls Prevention – Bed rails are yet another customisable feature of the Sentida, with a focus on safety. Mobility rails facilitate independence, promote mobility, and significantly reduce the risk of falls. In a scenario where residents use the-end rails only, a number of positive benefits flow;
- Residents have a grab rail that promotes a clear, safe, and supported entrance and exit from the bed
- Residents do not roll out of bed because their hips are stopped at the rail
- Residents can assist in their own care and hygiene tasks, reducing manual handling load on care staff, and increasing dignity for the resident
- Residents are more likely to improve/maintain strength in upper body
- Residents are less likely to suffer pressure injuries, as mobility within the bed is encouraged and self-turning is facilitated
If a facility is wary about using mobility rails, the Sentida bed can now come with dummy rails. If you have a resident or family member request a dummy rail, you can simply swap one out for a working rail in 30 seconds via thumbscrews!
- Dual Retraction- Dual retraction in the bed frame means that residents experience significantly less shearing and diaphragmatic pressure, finding themselves nestling nicely into a perfect ‘well’ of comfort.
- Long Backrest – A long backrest is important to reduce the likelihood of sliding down the bed. This backrest length, combined with dual retraction and the position of the half-length rails, significantly reduces the risk of sliding down the bed.
- Accessory Options- In addition to self-help poles, IV poles, urinal bottle holders, bumpers and buffers, Sentida has a large range of innovative accessories:
- Built-in falls mat, powered by bed motor, with option to connect to nurse call or wireless plug-in chime unit
- Attachable LED reading light, powered by bed motor
- Wireless handset, fixes to side frame of bed to residents with less dexterity
- Quality - The Sentida bed is German-made with an exceptional warranty period. The expected life span on the Sentida is 15-20 years!
All in all, the Sentida bed is the highest quality and most versatile home care/aged care bed available on the market today.
The Sentida has the ability to suit anyone at any stage of life or ability.